EBS are responsible for collecting all the data from the channels, platforms and publishers and writing those witty little synopses that determine whether you watch, or not. With clients including BBC Worldwide, Turner and QVC, they feed data into the likes of Apple, Sky, Freeview and Freesat. EBS pull all this information together through their industry-leading metadata tool that Peek named: PAWA.
SCOPE OF WORK
User interface design
User experience design
Software interface design
EBS is the leading full-service provider of EPG data for platforms and channels worldwide. They are responsible for collecting all the data from the channels, platforms and publishers and writing those witty little synopses that determine whether you watch, or not. With clients including BBC Worldwide, Turner and QVC, they feed data into the likes of Apple, Sky, FreeView and Freesat.
EBS had a difficult task for Peek as they had this ever-expanding range of services underpinned by software and some clever people, but it had no name or brand identity to allow it to be easily recognised.
Peek facilitated an interactive workshop with some of the key members of the EBS team and helped them define their brand’s purpose as “connecting TV data worldwide”. Peek captured the key features of the offer as; accurate, reliable, dynamic and flexible. All of these aspects helped us to create a lively and unique visual identity for the new brand name: PAWA.
Presenting the software’s vast capabilities was a challenge. Peek drew a complex infographic that allowed the PAWA sales team to demonstrate the key features and benefits of the EPG software. An animated version of the graphic helped to explain and bring the offer to life too.
The brand marque along with the interactive infographic that we created brings PAWA to life across all online and offline media, software user interface and collateral. The marketing website design echoed the format of an EPG (electronic program guide) to visually tie in with the sector.
Software interface design: Peek used their user interface design knowledge to apply the new brand identity to the actual software.
- The dashboard display was designed to show full gaps and overlaps list, system messages, favourite channels and the export queue.
- New functionality allowed users to tailor their system to jump straight to regularly used channels rather than scrolling through the ever-expanding channel selection drop menu.
- The left pane now offers a summary of days in schedules, gaps and overlaps and platform errors with links back to dashboard.
- A simplified Library pane was used to reduce the number of icons on display and put them into a pop-up or fly-out sub menu instead.
- The icons were changed throughout to match the new branding aesthetics. With additional icons produced for Series and Programme-level Playlist overrides.
“PAWA was so successful that the parent of the Press Association acquired 95% of EBS in 2018″
The brand enjoyed a fabulous launch party at The Hospital Club in London with guests including broadcasters, channels and TV luminaries and secured several new clients for PAWA. It was so successful it was bought by PA Media.