A leader in property risk management software, this firm saw an opportunity to take advantage of the rise of mobile tablet use in the field and enable their customers to be able to carry out assessments on site in real time through an app.
The RiskWise software is used to manage risks including; Health & Safety, Accidents, Fire, Environmental, Legal and Operational. It ensures legal compliance by providing full audit trails and demonstrating due diligence.
The challenge was two-fold. For RiskWise Software users, a new interface design was required to transform the clunky windows information into beautiful information architecture. The public-facing website needed to demonstrate the product’s key capabilities and offer a quick way to trial the product and fuel the sales pipeline.
STRATEGY & RESULT
Software interface design: The user interface design was context-driven allowing it to be viewed in different formats and different ways on different devices. This was further enhanced by the end-users' ability to customise the widget panes on Dashboards and home screens throughout the software.
- Peek applied their knowledge of user interface design putting accessibility first using strong colours for the key elements to help users navigate through the complex and often dense data.
- Animation was used only discretely to help provide focus and ease of use. This was primarily to help users to understand the content on the screen, rather than to confuse or obfuscate the content that is being displayed.
- We collaborated closely with RiskWise’s engineering team to help a seamless implementation of the user interface.
The interface also allowed for the whole branding and colour system to be customised for particular end-client users. This white-labelling solution enabled the design system to provide a focussed, client-first delivery solution. The underpinning design system, however, remained consistent and constant. Once learnt, it would be familiar to users in whichever environment or company it was used.
Sales website: Peek built a fully responsive CMS driven sales website.
- Peek chose the WordPress platform as it was not only cross-browser compatible, but cross-device as well.
- Peek crafted responsive stylesheets to allow the website to be displayed on both PC, Mac, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Full CMS control was given to RiskWise including the ability to easily add in Testimonials, Password protected pages, News items and Articles plus easily configurable contact forms to capture potential customers' details.
- The site makes extensive use of shortcodes giving the CMS huge flexibility over key design elements and infinite page layouts.